Welcome to the SC Appalachian Council of Governments (ACOG) Entrepreneur Friendly Toolkit—a planning program for communities who wish to better support small business development. Over 7-9 months the 7 steps of the EF Toolkit will help communities align area resources, improve local marketing, and steer entrepreneurs in the right direction.
Communities who complete the EF Toolkit 7 Steps will:
- Develop a strategic plan for attracting and supporting entrepreneurship
- Meet monthly with a task force of public-private stakeholders
- Create a customized local Business Assistance Guide
- Administer a small business survey to learn about local challenges and opportunities
- Develop a local Business Start-Up Timeline that covers planning, licensing, permitting, etc.
- Align resources for the training, marketing and promotion of local entrepreneurs
- Create a “Capital Matrix” of local and area capital sources
- Plan and host a Small Business Resource Fair
If business, government and economic development stakeholders are ready to put in the time and hard work, then the EF Toolkit can help your community to become Entrepreneur Friendly.